Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Success!!

Well the garage sale was a success. Not as much business as I would have liked, but we sold a lot of stuff. What we didn't sell, we took to Good Will. The best part was that my Mom and Dad came every day, starting on Tuesday and helped set up, mark and manage the sale. We had a really good time being together. My sister came for 3 of the 5 days and it was great to see her and spend some time with her as well.

We got a lot of stuff cleared out of the basement. That is where we have been hauling and storing everything from this house. We got about as much out as we could at this time. Next year when we get back from spending the winter months in WARM weather, we will start going through it all again and actually find a home in the house for stuff we don't want to part with. But at least the house is liveable and I don't feel like I have to walk through a maze anymore in that basement.

We are back in Mooreland now. We are living in the motorhome and making the last push to empty this house and get it on the market. I called my friend, Irene, yesterday who is a realtor and she is coming out Wednesday to talk about the house and get it listed. I hope we can get it sold soon.

Plans are to leave the 22nd of September for the Escapade in DuQuoin, Illinois. For you "non-rv'ers," the Escapade is a big rally of people in the Escapees club. Escapees is for people who love the RV lifestyle. A lot of Escapees are full timers as we now are.

I must get moving and get things packed up. Time is getting short and we must get this done.

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: