Thursday, October 05, 2006

We gotta' get outta this place. . . . .

Man, what a week. I think I am finally getting better. Not that I was bad. . . but.

First off, soft water at the house here burns my skin. Terry has now decided to bypass the water softener (installed for the back apartment tenant). Then my back is killing me so today we are swapping out the mattress for the air bed in the closet. But the worst of the problems is that due to the COLD air, MOLD from leaves, and generally yucky weather I apparently picked up an ear problem which gave me vertigo. Ah, yes, vertigo, my friend. Problem is, it took about 4 days for me to put two and two together, so I decided to start the meds for vertigo. Now Terry doesn't like me to do that, because I am gone then for about 2 days. That stuff will knock you on your fanny, but it does work. So yesterday that's what I did. I think today, I am feeling human again. I will try to avoid taking the meds until bedtime, so that way it should help, but I should be quasi-normal for the day.

We've had a lot of rain and we saw this from the front porch the other day.



Our apartment may be rented. We are still mulling it over. No perfect candidates, but some not-so-perfect that might work. The satellite guy is to be here today or tomorrow to change out the antenna on the roof of Phaeton Place and see if that helps the connection problem.

Friday I am going to go to Mom and Dad's and help them move the last of their stuff out of their mobile home. It has been sold, they are on their way to Texas, and their new trailer is on the lot in Jim and Nita's woods awaiting their arrival next spring. Life is good. Here is a picture of the house.


We are waiting to get this apartment rented, then heading out no later than the 17th for doctor's appointments south, then heading somewhere. Supposed to be Red Bay, now he's talking Kerrville, Texas. Don't know what the boy has on this mind. Well I do, but . . .

Till next time. . .

Dale

6 comments:

Janice and Dean said...

Dale,

Hope you get to feelin better real soon!

Janice

Dale said...

I'm much better today, thank you.

Dale

Anonymous said...

Kerrville??? What's in Kerrville?

Glad you're feeling better....sounds like you've had a rough time.

We sure miss you guys!

Dale said...

Big Datastorm Rally, which would be appropriate if we had one that works, or perhaps, it's more appropriate cause ours doesn't work. :-(

Dale

Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

if you hurry, you can meet us there in about two weeks. in the mean time, get your self well.

R

Dale said...

Thanks, Richard. I am all better. It was the vertigo. When I finally realized that, I took the meds for one day (they knock you flat), but then you're done. I'm back to normal now. . . whatever that is!

Dale