Monday, October 09, 2006

Time marches on. . . .

Well, we thought we had the apartment rented. The couple came to sign the lease today. I think they will be great. . . if they end up signing. She is currently renting and the landlord has threatened to hold her to her lease. She really cannot do what she says, but that doesn't mean she can't make life miserable for our prospective tenant. So we advised her to resolve that situation before signing our lease.

Tomorrow we are headed to central Indiana to pick up our enclosed trailer. Sister and husband are going to be moving this winter into their house and the trailer will be a big asset to them. It has a ramp in the back and will make hauling big heavy things easier and will keep everything dry as well. It will take a minimum of 8 hours down and back.

We had our satellite worked on again today and I think it is working better. We had to hire a dealer/installer to fix the errors that were made initially. I hope it is working now. It seems to be, but time will tell.

We are leaving Tuesday next week for points east and south. That is, if the apartment is rented.

I think I can now brag about my very special news and that is that Terry and I are going to be grandparents! This is a first for us. Our daughter Jocelyn and her husband Tom are adding a family addition in April. Hope all goes well with the pregnancy and we have a fine healthy grandbaby!

Till next time. . .

Dale

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Grandchild new is VERY exciting.

Anonymous said...

OOPs. the news is exciting and this is from Susan and Jack sorry about messed up comment. safe travels

Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

are you really that old? I would have never guessed. next to your kids, grandkids are wonderfull. you get to spoil them and send them back to mom and dad.

R

Dale said...

Well, Richard, I had my first child at 12, so that makes me 32. . . yes, young for a grandma!

Thanks! We are excited.

Dale

Janice and Dean said...

Congratulations! I know that you are very excited. I'm sure your going to be there for the birth - right?

Dale said...

I hope so. That's the plan anyway.

Dale

jocelyn said...

We're planning on a healthy baby squid.