Saturday, December 01, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We have made a lot of progress on the Texas Room the last couple of weeks. The front room and kitchen are totally finished. Closet is finished except for some paint on the baseboard and covering on the shelves. The laundry room closet is about the same. At least we have shelves in there so I can put stuff away. Just finishing up odds and ends.

Today I put up my Christmas tree. I had bought a white one last year at the end of the season. Got a really good price on it and got some ornaments too. I put it up today and put it in the corner of the room. It really looks nice. Mom and Dad came over to see it when I was finished.

I also put a tree up outside. I always admired those all white trees for outside, so I bought one of those last year as well and got it for a really good price.


 We have been riding our bikes every day as well as walking every morning. We put lights on our bikes this year. Since it gets dark at 5:30, we don't have much time to ride after dinner. So with the lights we can ride at night. It has been lovely to ride through the parks and look at the Christmas decorations. It's also nice and cool and breezy after dark. Perfect weather to be out.

Till next time. . .

Dale


No comments: