Monday, May 27, 2013

Wyoming!

We left the park at Hermosa, SD, after filling with propane this morning. Tab took the lead this morning and I drove MinnieMee. The weather has been crazy. Yesterday it started out extremely foggy and raining, then later the sun came out and it warmed up so we sat outside. Today started much the same way, except the fog wasn't quite as bad. We got on I-90 and drove out of Rapid City and into the countryside which is really stunning. Everything is very green and lush looking.

We eventually drove out of the fog and didn't really have any rain. We stopped at the Visitor's Center in Wyoming and we decided to go see the Vore Buffalo Jump. Unfortunately, it was closed as they are working on a new exhibit, so we had to cross that off the agenda. We drove on to Moorcroft, Wyoming, to the Rangeland Motel and RV Park. They have 5 RV spaces on one side of a motel. The motel is very neat and very clean as are the full hookup RV sites. We talked with the owner who is originally from Michigan. Very nice people and we are enjoying our time here. We feel rather protected here because of our location and, other than the train nearby, hope to have a good night's sleep. We have come to find out that like lumber yards, RV parks are normally situated near railroad tracks.

We took Tab and Deanna in our motorhome out to the Devil's Tower. It is the core of a volcano exposed after millions of years of erosion by the Belle Fourche River and the weather. Tab and Deanna took the 1.3 mile trek around the base while Terry and I relaxed and I snapped pictures of the two climbers on the tower. Climbing is allowed, but you must sign in. On the way out of the park, we stopped to snap a picture at Prairie Dog Town.

I took these pictures with my new camera. I say it works pretty good. The lens is built in. . . I don't have to swap out a lens or anything. I didn't want that in a camera. . . I am just no good at that and really, with a camera that does this good, I don't need anything else. It is a Sony CyberShot 18.2 Megapixel DSC-HX200V. It has GPS for the pix and a lot of stuff I won't use, but I really do like it.

Till next time. . .

Dale

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Holy cow! Those climber pics are awesome that far away!