Saturday, December 17, 2005

Mexico!

Sorry I haven't been writing. It's not that we haven't been doing anything, but we have spent a lot of time just relaxing, enjoying the great weather and doing a little Christmas shopping.

We took another trip down to Mexico. Probably will be the last time we go this trip. We go early in the morning and by 11:00 it starts getting crowded. Mom and Dad say that's the time to leave, and we are usually ready to go too. I bought a manger scene made of pewter. It is kind of hard to describe. It is all one piece with the figures lined up. The stable scene is in the middle. I had not brought a manger scene with me and this one is compact and fits in the motorhome nicely.

I haven't been posting pictures because my connection is not very fast. I have tried a couple times, but it just stalls.



The big news we have is that we have a new home! We drove it home yesterday. We have been looking since we left home. The rig we had, while very nice, was not a fulltiming coach and we just took our time looking everywhere we happened to be. We checked a couple dealers out one day and when we left the last one, we had put a deposit down on one. We had been looking at Tiffin or Newmar for manufacturers. We bought a Tiffin Phaeton. This dealer was really looking to sell and we were looking to buy and we were able to buy a new one. This one is a diesel as opposed to the gas one we traded in. More power and more storage. It has four slides and it is just like a small apartment. It is quite comfortable.

We took delivery yesterday, Friday, and spent all day at the dealership. We had the entire basement of the other motorhome emptied and it still took us 4 hours to transfer everything over to the new one. By the time we were done, I could hardly walk. The sciatica in my back has really flared. We had the coaches facing each other with a walkboard in between so we didn't have to step out of one into the other, we just walked across the gangway. It was an exhausting day. I didn't feel much better today, but pain pills help. Today Mom and I spent a lot of time unloading cabinets and reloading them. I still have a lot of changes to make and we have all the stuff we carried in the basement of the old one to move over. It is in Dad's little barn.

Tonight we went out and I bought some throw rugs and runners. We have a lot of laminated flooring in this coach which is really nice since we have the dogs.

Well, I am too tired to stay awake, so I will try and send a picture with this then quit.

Till next time. . .

Dale

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice wheels Dale!

I hope you get a chance to post some more pictures.

We really wanted to get triple slide when we were shopping, but we just weren't able to find a used one that fit our budget. I'd LOVE to have a quad!

Did you trade in your gasser? What kind of deal did you get on that?

Looking forward to seeing you guys and your new ride in Q!

Dale said...

I will try and get more pictures posted. Yes we traded our gasser. I think we got a very good deal. It was about 22% off MSRP and they gave us trade-in from the NADA book on our gasser. If you want more details, email me. BTW, we didn't sit and argue pricing. He was willing to talk from the get-go.

Dale

Anonymous said...

Those two round things on the front, below the headlights. That's where the phaeton torpedoes fire out, right?

-- Tom

Dale said...

Yes, Tom, that's right. And that is after you get blasted by the Hadleys. (air horns)

Dale

Anonymous said...

Dale,
Very nice, we looked at Tiffin also and liked them,just didn't find one that fit our budget. I will try not to be green with envy over your 4 slides.
Get loaded and get on out here.
Diane aka RollinHubbs

Dale said...

Diane,

I didn't think this was in the budget either, but I guess you just have to find the right dealer. Talked our price range from the beginning. Newmar and Tiffin was our short list. Newmar dealer here didn't have anything we wanted.

Anxious to see everyone at Quartzsite!

Dale