Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tired!

Man, this movin' stuff is for the birds. Ugh. We spent last Friday moving from one motorhome into the other. We only had what was in the coach, as we had emptied the basement compartments into Dad's little storage barn. The next day I spent straightening things up and going through stuff I had just "thrown" into the coach. When we were all done with that, and were proud of ourselves for having done such a good job, we realized we had not yet started hauling stuff out of the barn. The pile in there seemed to get bigger instead of smaller every time we looked at it. In fact, it was a bit depressing. Where DID we have room for that stuff in the old coach. We have so much more room in here and lots of storage, but we seem to be running out too quickly. So now we are sorting some stuff out that Dad has volunteered to take back to Indiana for us next spring. They take very little back and forth, so they have room in their motorhome for some extra junk. :-) Mom helped me sort through some stuff and I was able to make the decision to get by with less.



Yesterday I pretty much finished up going through the stuff in the coach. I am still missing some things I cannot find, but I am hopeful they will turn up when this process is complete.

Mom and Dad haven't seen a whole lot of us unless they come out here. It is so pleasant to sit in the Phaeton and relax and be comfortable. Terry is still trying to figure out the remotes. I think we have 5 or 6 of them. I'm not even going to go there. I am trying to learn to cook in a convection/microwave oven. So far, so good. At least I can read the manual.

Today we are taking Mom and Dad and running over to Harlingen. The dogs are getting low on dog food. They eat a special kind because Neal (with his seizures) can't have any preservatives, etc. So we cannot find it everywhere. We are going to stop by and pick up our title for the motorhome since it wasn't ready the other day.

Till next time. . .

Dale