Friday, January 29, 2021

Our time here has come to an end. . .

This will be my last post on Skool'z Out Forever. . . As you all know, my traveling companion is gone and while I do still intend to do some traveling. . . it will be different.

Phaeton Place has been sold. Bittersweet, but I'm glad I was able to get that done and get a good price for her. She is living in South Carolina now and her new owner is very happy with her.

I intend to keep MinnieMee for the time being, but I plan to trade/sell her and get a Class B, van-type RV to travel in. I'm looking at Coach House and Leisure Travel Vans.

I have a new buddy, a 5-year old Scottish Terrier named Brendon. He is a cutie and I hope he takes to traveling!


I am keeping my place in Polk City, Florida, and beginning to do some of the upgrades Terry and I had planned. My plan is to stay here most of the winter and do some traveling to see family in the summer, once Covid is gone.

I am publishing my blog in several volumes. I plan to keep it for my grandchildren so that one day they will read about their grandparents' adventures fulltiming!

I wish you readers all the best. It's been a great 15 years!

Dale


4 comments:

Rick said...

I am heart broken just getting caught up on your posts. When my dad died and I went back to work I would get home at 11:00 pm. One night there was a bird on my porch looking right at me. It was dark an very unusual to see a bird at night. For three straight nights he was there to greet me and then he was gone. This all happened a couple weeks after we buried dad. I always took it as a sign that things were ok. So your bird sightings brought back that great memory. All the best in the future and safe travels.

Dale said...

Thank you for your comment, Rick. I am back in Indiana for a funeral of one of Terry's cousins. I am in MinnieMee. It seems wherever I am, cardinals find me and they are here. A couple weeks ago I visited my son in Melbourne, Florida. There was a cardinal there. He said it is only about the second time he has seen one there in the 9 years he has lived in that house. :-) Dale

Tab, Deanna and Jessie said...

I always love looking at your blog Dale. Thankfully we were fortunate enough to be part of some of it. Greatly miss talking with Terry. You have done such an incredible job of writing this blog much like Malia did. All great things must come to an end but maybe you will start another one of your adventures. We love and miss you. :)

Dale said...

Glad you stopped by, Tab, Deanna, and Jessie. We had some great times, didn't we? I did publish my blog. I did it in 7 volumes and it is pretty cool. Terry would have liked it. Stay in touch and I promise to stop by when my travels take me near!