Friday, August 21, 2026

Today we boarded our bus at the usual time and traveled to the port city of Lavorin. There we board the Celestyal Discovery for the next three days. They said we had calm seas but I think it’s anything but. There are 2-3 foot seas I would say and it’s totally white caps out there. The ship is rocking a bit and that normally doesn’t bother me, but I’m getting out the Dramamine in case I have trouble overnight.

We will arrive in Mykonos about 6 p.m. and our group is just getting off and shopping/looking around. Not doing any excursions of any kind. I’ll be getting off with the group and may come back on my own if I get too tired. It’s been another tiring day just because of the stress of getting all our tickets. . . Being told to go to one window only to have it closed and then going to another deck/another window and being told Fr. Zach already has all those. I needed to see Fr. Zach about this evening’s venture, so I text him. He told me where he was so I went there and got my ticket for tonight. I then asked him about the excursion tickets for the last day and he said he didn’t have them. When I told him about the run-around I got at the excursion office, he went on down to see what was going on. Whatever magic he worked, he came back with everyone’s excursion tickets for those excursions on the last day. Those were optional and we had to pay extra, but I did because I knew I’d never be back here.

So tonight is just a shore visit. I went on the tender to the shore and then did some shopping. Loved the time to myself. The shops were right along the shore and a row or two back, but I stayed close to the main crowd of people. At one point, I turned and went down a path and turned again and decided I didn’t want to be there. It wasn’t scary and there were some people around, but I didn’t want to get lost. Got some souvenirs. We sail tonight at 11 p.m. and then tomorrow we have new excursions. They are quite exciting. I’ll tell you more tomorrow.

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: