We had to be up and all moved out of our rooms on the ship by 7 a.m. I woke up at 4 a.m. and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I got dressed and all ready to go and then went to breakfast. I found several of the others in the dining room. After eating, I went back to the room to grab my bag, then back up to the dining room to wait with the others till 7:30. We all had to be off the boat at 8 a.m.; but if you go early, you just have to wait at the exit ramp. So when we left, we walked right off the boat, through the terminal and waited till 8 a.m. when our bus arrived.
We got back to our hotel in Athens, the same one we had before we sailed, at about 9:00 a.m. Since our rooms weren’t ready, we were able to stow our luggage in a secure room, then I went and got a cup of coffee. Later I shared a pizza with a friend from the same coffee shop which is actually part of the hotel. We got in our rooms about 1:30 and I’ve been resting and repacking.
That’s a never ending job. LOL We are leaving at 4:45 for the Cathedral Basilica of St. Denis for Mass at 5:30. This church is very beautiful and it was truly special to celebrate Mass in such a historic church and city. There are very few Roman Catholic churches in the city. Most are Greek Orthodox, the official religion. When we returned to the hotel, we had our “Last Supper” together before leaving at 3:45 a.m. for the airport for our 6:45 a.m. flight to Frankfurt. We’ll have a two hour layover before we board our flight to Tampa. Hopefully, it will all go smoothly.
Till next time. . .
Dale

No comments:
Post a Comment