Saturday, November 04, 2006

Back in Red Bay, Alabama

Well, here we sit in the hometown of Phaeton Place. Yep this is where she was born. When we woke up yesterday and started fixing breakfast, something electrical blew and we had only 2 outlets in the entire coach that worked. Very little electrical was working. We searched hi an low and couldn't find the problem. So we called Red Bay and they had openings in the campground, so we decided to skip Florence this trip and head straight to Tiffin. We arrived just before noon and checked in with Marsha and Rod, the campground hosts. Rod was interested in our electrical problem and asked Terry if he had checked the circuit breakers on the inverter. . . ???????????? Ugh, that would be "NO." He walked out, opened the hatch and flipped the lower breaker. Boom. Power restored. You would think something like that would be in the manual some place.

Met up later with an old friend whom we met last time we were here. Funny thing is that we are both parked in the exact same places we were last time.

The other big news is my laptop. The battery gets so hot so I bought a cool pad which really helps. Lately, however, it has become obvious that the power socket was loose and got to the point where something inside was arcing as it got extremely hot. It wouldn't charge anymore and I couldn't use it because it wouldn't stay on. The plug itself got so hot yesterday while I was trying to hold it in so I could check mail, I got burned on the finger. So Terry performed major surgery and tore my laptop down. He had fixed his a couple weeks ago. He had mine side by side with his and had pictures from a forum that showed the tear down on mine. At this point I had to leave. I can tear down a PC, but not a laptop. . . that makes me nervous, so I went outside with the dogs. He found lots of dirt and lint in the machine which he blew out. The good news is that he fixed it completely and it appears the overheating problems I had been having were apparently related to the power socket being loose. So problem solved and I am back up and running. He is just so handy to have around. :-)

Well, time to get my morning coffee.

Till next time. . .

Dale

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH TERRY! You da man beavis! Laptop guru!

Dale said...

He IS kinda' handy to have around.