Friday, September 08, 2017
Go away Irma!
Been watching The Weather Channel as Brandon is in place in Melbourne Florida waiting on Irma to make up her mind on her direction of travel. He has all the supplies he needs, a generator and his hurricane shutters up.
Next Thursday is our bug-out day from Elkhart Campground after 6 seeks. We leave northern Indiana for the year on September 24th and head to central Indiana for fall medical and veterinarian appointments.
We plan to move over to the storage condo in Goshen for a week to do some maintenance on the motorhome and close up the place for another year. I have to put a new ladder on the rear of the motorhome, the present one has gotten damaged over the past 6 months, evidently it was backed into somewhere. We bought a new one at Tiffin in Red Bay Alabama in June, it's the same as the old one but I have to match the hole placements for the “stand-offs” from the rear cap. Also I have to tear into our water bay to find a leak that's on top of the waste tanks, I believe it's a two-way valve where the coach fresh water tank is filled with water or the direct fresh water supply. Only seems to leak when the tank is being filled. Much easier to do these projects at the storage condo since it isn't an emergency to get the repair done since we can move out and parts are available in the area.
That said it's raining today as it did yesterday. We need to get to Goshen to trim the shrubbery. At present it's about 1/3 done and must be done by the 19th so the trimmings can go with the trash and not sit in the garage until next spring. It's supposed to clear this afternoon and be clear Saturday and Sunday; rains return on Monday in the present forecast.
Till next time. . .
Posted by Dale at 10:25 AM