Sunday, December 04, 2005

Down in the Valley. . .

Rio Grande Valley, that is. Hey, what's not to like? It is 78 degrees, yesterday was 90. A breeze all the time, cool nights and sunny days. Does it get any better than this?

Just been hangin' out with Mom and Dad. Mom's had a cold, so she's trying to keep from giving it to the rest of us. Dad and Terry have been adjusting the little barn doors so Dad can put the golf cart in there when they leave for the summer. The little cart is a lot of fun. The dogs have taken turns going with me for rides. They seem to enjoy looking at the scenery. We just go around the park and then sometimes we sneak into one of the neighboring parks.

More and more Christmas decorations are going up. We have started doing our walk at night. Very pleasant then and don't have to worry about getting back to start something else. By walking at night we are able to see what new decorations have gone up since the previous night. It should really be lit up as we close in on the holidays.

Yesterday Terry and I went to the big flea market at Donna. I guess I'm spoiled by the Shipshewana Flea Market as everything else pales in comparison, but I was able to find a couple things I had wanted.

Today Terry and Dad are finishing up the latches on the barn and I have been doing some reading. Ah, the life of the retired. This is leisure living at its best.

We read the headlines of the hometown newspapers daily and see snow on the ground back there. Pretty to look at, but I am glad we are here in our shorts and t-shirts.

Till next time. . .

Dale

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We now have 5 inches of snow with more on the way. All the way from Michigan

jocelyn said...

It's 62F today. We have winter storm watch--4-8" by tomorrow night. I can't wait. :D

Anonymous said...

I'll sent you a snowball if you throw it Tery for me.

BA