Sunday, June 04, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!


Mom is 81 today. Doesn't she look great! Here is a picture of us today when we gathered to help her celebrate. In the picture are (l-r) my sister Nita, Mom, me, and Kellie. Kellie is my sister Nita's youngest daughter. She is an architect, married to an architect (Brian), daughter of an architect (brother-in-law Jim) and sister to an architect (my nephew Brad). Hahahaha. Her other sibling is a neo-natal nurse in Indianapolis, studying to become a midwife.

Their house is coming along. I have a picture of the back "Bambi window". . . so named because they can sit in the loft and watch out the back for Bambi.

I got to see Jake. Jake is the "only dog" now that Lucky has died. When Jake was rescued into the family, he was the fourth dog and now he is alone. There is no doubt that Jake is dealing with some issues of being alone. He does really seem depressed. He is certainly not his old self.
Kellie had her two dogs there, and Jake doesn't want to play or anything. They are giving him a lot of attention and he goes for walks everyday. Hopefully he will adjust and become content.

I am trying to get things ready to leave tomorrow, so

till next time. . .

Dale

3 comments:

Janice and Dean said...

Dale,

Your Mom looks great! She has nice looking daughters also.

The house looks like it will be beautiful, but then it should with all the architect's in the family.

Looking forward to seeing you and Terry down the road again.

Janice

Dale said...

Hey, Janice. Good to hear from you. I am working on this blog tonight, while I am getting everything ready to leave tomorrow. I get other work done while waiting to upload pix. so keep checking back.

Dale

Anonymous said...

nice pics! good to see you guys!

love ya!
Kellie