Saturday, June 03, 2006

We're back again in Indiana.

Arrived yesterday morning from Decatur, Michigan. I worked on sorting some boxes down in the basement. After storing that stuff down there for a year now, it's beginning to look more and more like trash and Good Will fodder. I imagine by next year, it will be a whole lot easier to sort through stuff, just as it is this year compared to last year. Hah.

The boyz are enjoying their deck and yard again, although we have the yard gate closed right now because the morning dew is on the lawn. They are a little peeved at me for that.

Terry bought a surge protector thingy for on the motorhome and wants to get it installed. He needs some #6 wire I think and couldn't find it at Menard's last night. I think he is going to go to an electrical supply house this morning. He's probably waiting for me to get dressed. That would be good because we have neighbors here and they like to come visit. Keeps you on your toes. . . :-) Yesterday Terry built a rack of sorts for the back of the Sport Trac. He made compartments where he can slide in specific bulky things we carry with us. . . like the dog ramp, the dogs' x-pens, the satellite dish, etc. It is better organized and accessible there.

Today we are going to go to Terry's cousin's graduation open house in the afternoon. Stephen also mows our yard when we aren't here, so we want to go and congratulate him. He is going to attend IUSB (Indiana University-South Bend) and probably continue to work.

I have a salad to make for tomorrow. We are going to the "woods" where my sister and husband are building their dream house.
It is south of Warsaw, Indiana. They are also setting a pad there for my parents' new mobile home.
The idea is that when Mom and Dad get to the point they cannot go to Texas anymore (they are 81), they will have a place close to family where they can live. It's a good deal for them and my sister will like having them close by. I will post a picture of the house later. I will be posting more pictures from Michigan, too, when I get my camera in here. Tomorrow is Mom's birthday, so we are having a cookout.

Monday, then, we are leaving for the Pace-Stevens-Taylor family reunion. It truly is an interesting one. Terry's grandparents were each married before and had . . . like 5 children each. They were both widowed at a young age and found and married each other and had 5 MORE children. So there are a LOT of relatives. It is fun to see and meet extended family like that.

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: