Wednesday, July 19, 2006

St. Elmo's Fire

That has to be the name of the cocktail sauce they serve with their shrimp. We just got back from St. Elmo's Steakhouse in downtown Indianapolis. Terry took me there for my birthday today. Woohoo! He had been there numerous times on business, but I had never been. He had promised me all year he would take me there since I like steak and have a hard time finding a good one. Turns out this is "restaurant week" in Indianapolis and the higher class restaurants are all offering a particular menu for $30. We got a 7 oz. filet, shrimp cocktail, fresh bread, redskinned mashed potatoes, steamed fresh vegetables and either creme brulee or cheesecake. The entire meal was delicious and expensive, but we don't do this often. And the waiter lit a birthday candle in my dessert for me. Hah. Thank you, Love.

Terry saw his one cardiologist today and I am glad to report that everything is very, very good. They were happy with his condition and then the good doctor talked with us about RVing. So we had a very good day and tomorrow we are going to check out some computer stores. Terry accidentally dropped his laptop on the steps of the motorhome and the DVD drive popped out and was really mangled. It really wasn't his fault. He put it up on the dash on a cushion and he was driving the motorhome behind the Gator that the park attendant was driving, directing us to our site. The Gator popped out of gear and stopped and Terry had to hit the brakes on Phaeton Place and down went the computer. He's pretty ticked because of that and because this place is supposed to be "big rig friendly" and it's not. There ought to be a law.

Till next time. . .

Dale

4 comments:

Janice and Dean said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

What is it? 39!

Sounds like you had a good dinner, I love shrimp cocktail. Which dessert did you have? I'd walk a mile for some good creme brulee (sp?).

Dale said...

Janice,

No to the 39. I am 56 years young. :-) I had the creme brulee and it WAS the best I have ever had. Properly carmelized on the top, too.

Thanks!

Dale

Silverback said...

Hmmmm love creme brulee. Glad you got good news from your cardiologist too.
Did you get my email from 17th btw ? Just wanna be sure it got to you.......no pressure to reply of course.

Dale said...

Yes, I got your email, bigmac. I will reply. We have been running around the city. Terry dropped his laptop and destroyed the CDRom drive, so we have spent our days looking for him a new computer. He wants it all for a cheap price, so it took some looking. I will get back to you. Thanks for writing.

DAle