Friday, December 15, 2006

Not your Mother's Bingo!

You may have thought you knew how to play bingo, but playing serious bingo is different. There are an endless number of games. . . four corners, kite, checkmark, ring the free, etc. All require a different set of squares to be covered on your card. Last year was my first experience with this as Mom and I played every Tuesday night. She is not really a Bingo person, preferring to play cards, but she played Bingo with me. It was a lot of fun and even though we didn't win anything, we had fun trying. That is until last Tuesday night. We played for the first time since I arrived and I won very early in the evening. I won $5 because I shared the win with someone else. The next game I won all by myself and won $10. Then to top it off, since I was the FIRST solo winner, I was crowned "Queen for a Day." That means that every time the number I won on was called I got a dollar. I won $4 more dollars, so I went home with $19. Yay! To top it all off, Mom won once for $5, so we were very happy.

Terry and I have been doing some Christmas shopping and we have basically finished. We have been to every store in the Valley looking for a few things which we never found, so we are giving up. We have been bike riding every day, which is really good as we haven't had good enough weather anywhere we've been to get out. It is nice down here, in the mid to high 70's during the day and no heat required at night. Tonight Dad and I went out for a ride in the golfcart, aka Hoopie, to look at the lights. There aren't as many decorating this year, but there are enough to warrant driving around.

Yesterday I took Bailey out on the golf cart. He is real good about sitting on the seat and watching. He is curious about riding in the cart, but doesn't bark. We went over to Hidden Valley. It is amazing how much has been built over there just since last year when we were here.

Tomorrow, it being Saturday, will be a slow day for me. I am done shopping and won't venture out on a weekend down here. It is just too crowded. I have my Christmas cards to do, so perhaps I will work on those.

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: