Friday, December 01, 2006

Roll Camera. . . Film at 11

Hah! Terry and I made the news this evening.

We arrived in Corpus Christi around noon and checked into the campground and got set up. We had eaten lunch and were comtemplating what to do next. I was on my way to the front of the coach when there was a knock on the door. I looked out and saw a TV cameraman. I turned to Terry and said, "Terry, come on out. It's Channel 6 news!" Hah. What a hoot. He was indeed from Channel 6 and he was looking for Winter Texans to interview about the cold snap that hit yesterday. I didn't have the heart to tell him we really weren't Winter Texans. He asked us several questions, and then when he was done filming, we asked him advice on the best restaurants and other RV parks. Turns out he used to camp a lot and we are in the "best" camp in Corpus Christi (that's not saying much), but he was a nice guy and recommended a few restaurants, etc.

We took a drive later and got home in time to see ourselves on the news. We taped it and I have it on my computer now.

Till next time. . .

Dale

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sitting down to watch the news tonight in Corpus and who do I see but Dale and Terry on the TV. I had just read your blog earlier today and saw that you were coming here. Now you're stars. If there is anything you need or questions, please email me. I've enjoyed your blog since you started. My husband and I will hit the road once we sell the real estate and buy a rig. Christine and Alex
Txfishing@aol.com

Dale said...

Thanks, Christine and Alex,
It was fun! We were in Plano years ago visiting SouthFork where Dallas was filmed and were interviewed by a newspaper guy. That made the paper as well. I guess Texas likes us, huh?

Dale

Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

ok movie stars, whe do the rest of us see it?

Dale said...

Well, I DID make a copy, if you insist.

Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

post it, post it so we all can see. I like famous and friends with money.
where are you staying when you get here?

Dale said...

We will be in Mission at the Restful Valley Ranch parked behind my Mom and Dad. This coming week, however, we had planned to go to the Diving Dolphins Park, but Terry is rethinking that with all this wind.

Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

whats the monthly rate for restful valley? we are looking for next year. dont want to stay at the coast too for the wind and closer in to shops etc.

Dale said...

Richard,

The lots in RVR are all privately owned. Some are rented out, but you would have to talk with the individual owners. Go here for some info. http://www.martinvalley.com/

Also, follow the link to Pleasant Valley as they have rentals. Also, Sleepy Valley is in the Passport book and last year we checked it out and it was $11/night for Passport. These "ranches" are all connected and were started by the same guy. Some have been sold to the owners as with Restful.

Dale

Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

we are paying $300 plus tax, $315.80, for dec. it jumps to $550 for our west pull thru. Much more than we want to pay. But we do have elbow room. the rates for next year at your place are no bad. we are still looking for next year.

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Where are you in Corpus Christi? We're at Mustang Island State Park then moving to Marina Beach RV Park in Port Aransas on Sunday.

Sandra

Dale said...

Hey Sandra,

We were at the Puerto del Sol I think it was called. A real dive. We were on the waterfront and had so much wind and it was cold. We left there Monday morning and came down to San Benito near Harlingen. We are here till Friday morning, then heading to Mission to my parents' place. They own two lots and let us rent the one REAL cheap. We took a drive out to Mustang Island. The day we were there was really pretty and not so cold.

Dale