Wednesday, September 09, 2009

This 'N That

There are changes in store for visitors to the Elkhart Campground. Bobby and Gita have closed in the large pavilion behind the kitchen in the activities building. In addition to wrapping the outside, they have insulated and put up walls on the inside. It is one large room for now, but they are thinking they may air condition it as well.

Our work on the apartments is finally finished and we are chomping at the bit. We finished up today on the caulking on the new sliding glass doors on the two residences. While there we had to sample the pork loin Libby had cooked for her high school class reunion (60 years, I think). Wow, was it good. They are making pulled pork sandwiches with it. Did I tell you how much we love our tenants? She also plied me with cookies while I was there. Yum Yum.

Neal is working on getting rested up for the next big adventure. I bought him a new cushion called a "Snoozie." He loves it. From the minute I brought it in, he has spent his sleeping time either in his "hut" on his cushion or on his Snoozie.

Today I was looking out and saw a walker going by. We have a lot of walkers and bike riders in the neighborhood. He had his Ipod on and earbuds in but was looking up in the sky. I thought I had heard some old planes going by. We have a few enthusiasts in the area. But alas, 'twas not a plane. It was the GOODYEAR BLIMP! We actually see it a couple times a summer racing back and forth to Chicago or to Notre Dame football games. But this time, instead of being off in the distance, it was directly over the house! Wow! What a site. And it was low. Much lower than I have ever seen it. So, of course, I had to run in and grab my camera.
Tomorrow, I have a couple of appointments and we may be leaving in the afternoon. I am so ready to get rolling. I hate spending time in one place, but it is a necessity as long as we are landlords. But I do enjoy it when we leave!

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: