Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday we went with Mom and Dad to the hall for Thanksgiving Day dinner. It was a great meal. Plenty of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, and everything else people brought to complement the meal. I took a sweet potato casserole and orzo salad, two of Terry's favorites. Mom took cranberry salad and macaroni and cheese. We had dessert as well. Whew. We were stuffed when we were done.

We relaxed the rest of the day. We both worked on cleaning things up in and around the Texas room. Terry worked on getting the DVD player in the bedroom working and I think he finally did. I know nothing about those things. I wrapped Christmas presents out in the Texas room. I also got some things ordered off Amazon and sent to their destination. We don't do a lot of Christmas shopping anymore, but do most of it on line.


We had been doing a lot of running around picking up final items to finish up the room. Right now it needs baseboards, which are mostly there, but not nailed in. And the closets need to be finished with shelves, etc. We need to trim around the bathtub and shower. I want to put a small cabinet in next to the washer/dryer and then put a counter over it so I have some place to fold clothes. But it is pretty much functional and livable now. We have some furniture in it, but are looking for a sofa yet.

Today we crashed and just relaxed. I put up a Christmas tree in the Texas room. It actually is my outside Christmas tree, but I put it up inside. It is raining here. Surprise! So I didn't put it outside just yet. South Texas really needs rain, so we actually are hoping for a good soaking. The last time we had some rain, you actually could scrape



down through the rocks and see that no water even got past the rocks. My yard is doing well, though. I have cactus planted and they seem to like it hot and dry. Red, my poinsettia from a couple years ago survived the summer down here and is putting out some red leaves. The leaves are much smaller than last year, but no matter. She will be beautiful again.

 Till next time. . . Dale

No comments: