Thursday, February 21, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

It's been a busy winter here for me in south Texas. But we are now wrapping up our time here and are starting to get things ready for our departure.

I have gotten most of the jobs done I had planned to do while here with a few things still to do. I hope to finish the sewing I started for Aenea and I think I will be able to complete that. Today I cleaned out the closets in the Texas Room and put everything in giant zip lock bags. I'm not sure if that was necessary, but if I didn't do that, I am sure I would want to wash everything when I get back next fall. So the bags should do the trick. I also had brought some things out to the room from the motorhome and managed to get that back inside. I am leaving a few clothes here. I brought down some Christmas sweaters which I didn't want to carry with me in the motorhome for lack of space. So I am leaving those here so they are ready for next year.

I have been picking up items from the yard. I have some solar lights I put out every year and those have now been brought in. Terry planted two new cactus starts. Both are different varieties from what we have planted. In addition to Spike blooming (my golden barrel cactus), one of the "twins" is sprouting babies at the base, so that will look different when we get back next fall. We will have to work hard to keep the cacti trimmed because it does like to take over an area. Hopefully that won't be too difficult.

Last evening was the Elm Street dinner. That's Mom and Dad's street. Mom went over and worked some. She came home from working and we all went over and ate dinner. Roast chicken was served along with mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green beans, a roll and cake for dessert. Also available was coffee and tea. It was good  but the chicken pieces were very large and we both brought home half of our portion. I think tomorrow I will be making chicken salad.

It has been getting warmer the last couple days. Mornings and evenings are quite nice. We still walk 2.6 miles every morning with the temps around 66-69 degrees. Very comfy. Then during the day today it got over 90 and was pretty hot. We were working under the canopy and there is a breeze between the Texas Room and the motorhome, so even outside we are quite comfortable. We ride our bikes the same distance in the evening and sometimes we ride longer.

Tomorrow it promises to be warm again and I will be able to finish up my sewing. We also are having our ladies' luncheon at the hall on Saturday and I have a salad to make for it tomororw.

Till next time. . .



longdog2 said...

Sounds like you are having great weather. Hard to believe winter is in it's last hurrah.

Tab & Deanna said...

Shame to have to leave when the weather is so nice but gooood times ahead! :) see you guys shortly!