Friday, January 24, 2014

This better be it. . .

Sitting in the nice warm motorhome last evening when someone threw a switch. The wind changed direction and instantly started blowing hard from the north. North winds are bad down here. They are always cold and almost always strong. The temperature dropped from the high 60's to the low 40's in a matter of minutes. That always makes it feel colder because you haven't had time to adjust to it. The wind was really strong, too. Then it started raining. Grrrrr. The forecast said we could have "ice pellets" whatever those are. Don't even want to think about it. Oh, BTW, that is the same forecast for today. . . yeah. . . ice pellets.

The girls have not learned to "potty" in the rocks of the desert-scape, preferring the "pee patch" down the road, so this morning I put on my long johns and bundled up and took them down. I'd say three minutes tops. . . they both did "both" jobs and were back in the cart to go home. Hah. I guess if they will get the job done that fast, it's okay. I don't make Terry get out in the cold, though. Too hard on him. . . don't want him passing out from the cold air. Now the girls have been fed, one is on the couch and one is laying in front of the space heater. LOL

Pretty much got the taxes done yesterday. . . at least my part is done. I have to wait on all our W-2's now, but the work is pretty much done. Whoo Hoo!

I'm invited to the hall this afternoon and someone is supposed to teach me how to crochet. I've been wanting to learn. . . I need someone to "teach" me, not someone who grabs it and finishes it or "fixes" the mistakes. I want to learn to do it myself. Hopefully I'm not too stupid to learn.

Whatever we do today, it will involve staying warm. LOL

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: