Thursday, May 29, 2014

On the road again. . . and again. . .

We left northern Indiana yesterday and drove down to our old stomping grounds. The objective was a doctor's appointment for me. Seems I've not been able to shake the ailment I have. Actually I am over the flu but maintain a pinched nerve problem in my neck affecting my arm and continue with the cough I was treated for a month ago. General consensus is that it is allergies and I am getting two weeks of steroids to help what ails me. Unfortunately, I am having issues with arthritis as well, and it doesn't seem to be the everyday garden variety. . . no, it has to be psoriatic arthritis which is akin to the rheumatoid arthritis stuff. I will probably be establishing myself with a rheumatologist later this summer and go over my options. . . none of which I want, but I have to have some kind of backup plan. The doctor today prescribed steroids which should take care of everything bothering me at the moment. I hope to feel back up to par before long.

So it is hot now in Indiana. A week ago we were still freezing, now we are sweltering. Go figure. We are in the camp at New Lisbon and with 30 Amp, we can only run one A/C at a time, but we are staying cool. We are moving on toward Mississippi to the family reunion next week, but we are taking our time getting there. Looks like we are spending a couple nights camped on the Ohio river which should be fun.

Got word that our granddaughter Aenea is in the E.R. at UVA in Charlottesville. She is following in her big brother's footsteps by being allergic to eggs. So now she will be on strict avoidance for several years. At 7, Ronan still hasn't been re-introduced to them. Glad she is okay and seems to be taking the ER visit in stride.

We have friends heading to Alaska this summer and we are watching their blogs. Wish we were going again. It was a fun trip and we really enjoyed the trip up there with friends Tab and Deanna. We do talk about doing it again. . . never say never. . . .

Till next time. . .

Dale


No comments: