Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Well, it is always a busy week when we come here, because we pack doctor appointments and vet appointments into 4 days. Also throw in a couple of haircuts and visits with old friends and we are never bored!

Today we started out by taking the dogs back into the vets for their teeth cleaning appointments. They haven't been done in a long time and they were quite bad, but no extractions were necessary. Yay! Neal, my handicapped dog who cannot walk seems to be doing well tonight although he is stumbling even worse. But he is alert and ate his supper. Bailey, on the other hand, is quite lethargic and is not eating. I did get him to take some Braunsweiger and finally a marrow bone treat. He took his pill at supper because I put it in Braunsweiger, but other than that, he is just really moping around. I check him periodically to see if he's breathing. They are both 11 years old and I'm not really worried about either of them, but after years of healthy living, they have both had some issues this year. We thought perhaps the poor condition of their teeth was contributing somewhat to these issues, so we decided to do it.

I am going to sleep in the recliner tonight just to make sure they don't have any problems. We just took them outside one last time and now they are both lying down, so I think it will be a quiet evening.

Tomorrow I am getting the shingles vaccine and my mammogram in Indy, and then we are done. A colleague and friend are stopping by tomorrow evening. Haven't seen him since we retired. We taught together for 20 years and he has a Scottie puppy now, so he is bringing Brody out to meet the boyz. Should be fun.

For those of you remembering my niece's preemie baby, Collin, in your prayers, I am pleased to tell you he is now over 3 pounds and has removed his NG tube for the second time. They have decided to leave it out now and he is nursing and taking the bottle very well. He hasn't had any problems. Keep up those good thoughts!

Till next time. . .

Dale

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dale;

Tell me about the shingles vaccine. I had not heard about it. Is that something we need to have done?

Glad the dogs are fine. We will be taking Sophie in for her teeth cleaning in October. She really hates it.

Keep in touch. May see you in TX this winter.

Dale said...

I ended up not getting it. We are on our way to see our grandson and he has not had any vaccinations yet. There was a possibility of "shedding" of some cells and I didn't want to expose him. I have my prescription with me, may get it later. Terry got shingles last Christmas and I thought I would get vaccinated. It is new, but I have seen signs up where they are doing flu shots that you can get it if you have a prescription.

Dogs are good. Heading to Camp Pull-Tab tomorrow, then on to grandbaby. Texas for Thanksgiving, Florida for Christmas.

Dale