Sunday, September 23, 2007

On the Road Again. . . . .

And boy does it feel good. I hate being cooped up in the house, but at least we planned to only stay there about 2 weeks this summer. This summer we did a lot of work on the apartments, which is why I haven't been blogging. Too dang tired. We rented an apartment, put in/had done a new floor in the kitchen in the main house, 4 new garage doors, repainted all the trim and had new windows put into one duplex. In addition we managed to clean out a little more of the main house and I trimmed all the bushes. . . all 50 of them. . . well. . . it sure seemed like 50, but I think it was more like 25.

After Escapade, we spent the following week at the house finishing up all the loose ends and getting the house ready to close up. In addition, I had some needed dental work done and I finally got my new glasses. Yay!!!! We had ordered glasses at Sears. The first time they came in they had no bifocals. The second time they switched Terry's right lens prescription with mine. Ugh. The third time, Terry's were fine, but I couldn't see squat through mine. Tried them for almost a week. I couldn't see at night at all. Everything just ran together. Turns out, they put a prizm in them. Grrrrrrrr. So I told Sears that "three strikes and you're out." Got my money back and went to "Julie's Eye Care" in South Bend. Man is that gal ever sharp. She had my glasses in 2 days and they are perfect. I really like them. They are rimless on the bottom and come with their own magnetic sunglasses. Really cool.

Yesterday I visited the hospital to see my great-nephew. My niece, Staci, and her husband were expecting their bundle of baby boy in October, but he had other ideas. He arrived at 33 weeks and is perfect, just very tiny. His cord was wrapped around him and stretched very thin and was no longer sustaining him. Had he not come early, he probably would not have survived, so we are very glad he was strong enough to come out into the world. He is doing very well and Staci and Kevin are anxious to take him home when he gets bigger. Big sister Breanna can't wait to hold him either. Collin is now over 3 pounds and gaining strength everyday. Prayers are appreciated.

We left Goshen at 1:30 today and stopped by the woods at Claypool where Mom and Dad, Jim and Nita live. Pulled over to the side of the road (there is a pulloff) and they came out to see us off and to see our new chairs. We took out one of our sofas and put in 2 recliners with a file cabinet between them. Terry built a credenza like cabinet behind so I didn't lose that storage. He did a beautiful job on it and we think we are really going to like our recliners. We drove on down to Summit Lake State Park north of New Castle and will be here for the week. This is the week of marathon doctor appointments, so we will be busy. We drove into Mooreland to see our friends, Jack and Janet, and are going to meet them at Appleby's Tuesday night for dinner. It will be good to visit with them some more.

Once we finish here, we are off to Camp Pull-Tab in Ohio for a couple days, then on to Virginia and RONAN, grandson extraordinaire.






Till next time. . .



Dale

No comments: