Saturday, August 02, 2008

Heading to Indiana. . .



Florence, Alabama, is situated on the Tennessee River. I mentioned we were camped there. Here is a picture of one of the tugs pushing a barge down the river. There were several barges. I heard the engines of a tug after we went to bed one night and raise my blind to see the lights of the tug pushing the barge downriver. I have also included a picture of the back of our campsite. We had enough room to park our trailer on the lot and still have a place for the truck.

We had some errands to run and one was to the local Petco to get dog treats as the boyz were almost out. Right outside on the wall of the petshop was this little bat. I'm not sure why he was there, but he was alive. He had cobwebs on him and it appeared he was trying to groom himself and get them off. I almost wanted to help him, but I didn't. Later we noted he was gone. I hope he flew off and no one disturbed him.

We did do some sightseeing around Florence. We went to visit the Joe Wheeler State Park. It appears to be an older park and not much in the way of sites big enough for Phaeton Place. They had a few, but it was very heavily forested, so none of our satellite systems would work. But it was a nice park. We crossed the Wheeler Dam on our way back to the camp.

Today we drove up to Shepherdsville, Kentucky, to Grandma's RV Campground and will be here until Monday when we head to Goshen to play landlord and hopefully get a couple apartments rented. We just learned this week they will be vacated in September.

Till next time . . .

Dale

PS: I have been asked to mention in my blog that prior to the Gypsy Journal Rally in Celina, Ohio, in September, the Graduating Class of 2005 is going to have a reunion, aka, getogether. We would love to see as many classmates as possible. See here http://escapees.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1511067051/m/9081021113 It will be a fun time and we hope you can make it!

No comments: