Sunday, September 16, 2012

Time Out!

We took time out yesterday to gather with some family we hadn't seen in years. My cousins, Becky and Bob and their spouses along with my sister, brother-in-law and my parents all came to the house for a cookout. We had a great time. The last time we all saw each other was 11 years ago when Bob and Becky's Mom passed away. We all decided we needed to do this every year. Everyone lives close enough to do that and we are looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Bob and Kathy are leaving this morning for Natchez, Mississippi, via the Natchez Trace. Have a great trip. I'm sure you will enjoy the Trace and the sights along the way. Travel safely!

Becky brought albums of pictures. Her mom had kept family pictures from generations ago and has most of them marked with who was in them. I need to remember to do that when I go through old pix. We spent quite of bit of time going through those old photographs. She also brought several albums from our Aunt June who recently passed away. My sister took all of them home with her and is going to scan them in and send me copies. We decided since we both planned to do that, it made more sense for just one of us to do it and share. Since we are leaving here next week for our journey to points south, we decided it made more sense for her to do that.

Till next time. . .


Dale

No comments: