Saturday, July 02, 2016

Family Business

After the big 70th anniversary party for Mom and Dad, we were able to spend some time with the kids, Jocelyn, Tom, Ronan, and Aenea. Their dog Pepper was here as well. We spent one night in the house with them and that has always presented a problem because of our two dogs. We decided it was time to see if they would get along.

We took our dogs out on the deck and then let Pepper out. I told them it was time for them to get along. And. . . . they DID! Oh, there were a few snarls and snaps. Nothing intense. Pepper is so fast she can easily jump out of their way. She wants to play so badly and Duchess would play, so they got along. Eventually they settled into a mutual acceptance. They really didn't play inside, but we were able to have them all in the house and not worry about a dog fight. That was wonderful!

Monday the kids went to Shipshewana and Lagrange. We caught up with them in Shipshewana and shopped a little bit. I took Jocelyn with me and on the way home, we stopped off at the Eldridge Cemetery where she took a lot of pictures and filled in some blanks she had regarding ancestors.

Tuesday then we all went back down to Mom's and visited with them and Nita. This time Jocelyn took Pepper and she and Sammy ran and ran. Pepper is so fast she had to keep slowing down so Sammy could catch up with her. We left before they did and headed back. When they left, they drove to Millersburg and walked through the Brown Cemetery, where more of our family is buried. She had been wanting to get some pictures from there.

We stayed fairly late at the house to help with the kids. They were leaving on Wednesday and needed some distractions so they could fix food and pack. We came back on Wednesday to help again and then at 10:30 they were gone. They got home in about 13 hours which isn't bad when you make stops, which they did.

I always clean after we have visitors and I haven't really done that yet, but I did get the beds changed. We went over yesterday and spent several hours trimming the bushes around the house. We got it about half done. We are going to go again soon and finish up. It's hard on us old people to do that.

Till next time. . .


No comments: