Sunday, July 10, 2016

 
Our hearts are broken. My dear Dad passed away last evening sitting in his chair at home. While he has not been well for many years and we all knew this could happen at any time, we are somewhat dumbstruck that he ate supper, visited with family, sat in his chair to watch the Nascar race and minutes later was gone. Although efforts were made to revive him, after a time, Mom asked them to stop. Daddy was gone and is now reuniting with my sister Connie, his firstborn, who died at just 30.

Daddy was 91 and remained a force even though his health was failing. All of the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids would visit sometime during each year, even though far away. Special efforts were made to visit with them and to make sure the great-grandkids would know and remember their great-Grandpa. He was so loved by his entire family.

Unfortunately, I had just arrived in Florida to watch my granddaughter Brynlee for a week. Brandon and Megan are packed and ready to leave for a business trip to Colorado. Not knowing what would be happening, we decided the best course was to carry on with our plans. Family will be meeting with the funeral home Monday to make plans. I believe plans are going to be made for when I return to Indiana on Sunday, the 17th. In fact, Brandon will be flying back with me.

So for those family and friends close by who follow my blog, there are no plans set as yet, but I will publish it all in my blog once I get info.

Rest in Peace, Daddy! We love you so much!

Till next time. . .

Dale


No comments: