Friday, April 14, 2006

Beale Street

Today we decided to talk a tour of Beale Street in downtown Memphis. During the day, Beale Steet is quiet calm, as it is a real hot spot at night. Lots of bars, restaurants and little shops, not unlike some you would find in New Orleans, except it was a little cleaner and just about 3 blocks long. It was actually a nice time to visit the shops as it was uncrowded and not busy. I bought a metal art flamingo to put in front of the motorhome. I will take a picture and get it on line.

Afterwards, we went in search of campgrounds on the southwest side, which happens to be the area where Graceland is located. We drove by Graceland several times. The lines were very long to get in. I would imagine it would be like that all the time. While I am a fan of Elvis' music, I really don't have any desire to visit Graceland and be one of hundreds on the grounds at any one time.

We didn't find any campgrounds suitable in the area. We wanted one southwest so when we come back in June for more acupuncture appointments, we would find a better place to stay. Tunica is looking better, actually. It would be more comfortable, just further away, but that may be what we do.

The acupuncture appointments are going well. My sciatica pain is almost gone. I'm not sure how many treatments I really need, but tomorrow will be my last one for awhile, as we have to get to northern Indiana for the RV Capital IV Rally. Acupuncture does not hurt. I am amazed that it works the way it does. I have been reading up on it and it is an amazing art. Terry's cousin and her husband who use acupuncture for back pain get relief for about a year, then go back in for another treatment. I would be extremely happy if that works for me. I had an epidural which lasted about 9 months. I am too young to keep pumping that much cortisone in my body every year.

We are leaving tomorrow around noon and will plan on driving a couple long days if we can to make it up to Goshen. Our rally there starts on Friday, but many of us are planning on being there a few days early to get everything in place and ready to go.

We have talked with another couple here in the park who also own a Phaeton. Dave and Dianne live on Pickwick Lake and have invited us to get in touch with them sometime when we are in the area. We may just do that, as we plan to visit family in northern Mississippi every year.

Till next time. . .

Dale

1 comment:

Janice and Dean said...

Hey Dale,

Glad to hear that your treatments are doing well. Patti said that Terry called today and that you are feeling much better - that's great!

The wind here is driving me crazy. I spent all day yesterday cleaning and today the wind was stiring up the dust again! Patti said it's like at the "Q". We leave on Tuesday and that can't come to soon.

Have fun at the rally.

See ya down the road.