Sunday, April 02, 2006

L(ower) A(labama) Rally, Dothin, Alabama

The LA Rally at the Peanut Festival grounds is history. We arrived Thursday. There ended up being more people attending than I thought were going to be. Mark and Patsie Beagle were our hosts and they did a great job. Had name tags for everyone and a bag of goodies. Dothan now has a Camping World, so we naturally had to make a run in there. Friday we did some sightseeing around Dothan. We have been through there many times, but never go to downtown. They have several murals painted on old buildings and they are truly beautiful. Each told a story from Dothan's past. I didn't have my camera with me so I didn't get any pictures. Sorry. The group also set up an agility course for the dogs, so Bailey got to try it out. He was unimpressed. :-)


Friday evening we sat around the campfire until Terry got chilly. We were about the only full timers. I think there was one other couple, but they are currently grounded a bit due to health. Saturday afternoon there was a gaudiest hat contest. Terry had helped me decorate my lampshade. . . and while I thought we made a good effort, we didn't even get honorable mention.
Saturday evening we had our potluck which was very good. People bring different things to potlucks, depending upon where they are from so every potluck is different.

You know from reading my earlier posts that our dog, Neal, started having seizures Saturday just before our dinner, so I stayed close to the house after that. We didn't sit at the campfire because we felt he needed watching. Saturday morning coffee and donuts were furnished, so a good visit was had before we left.

Thanks to "twostepr" and wife for making it a great weekend!

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: