Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Needles and Pins

Well, yesterday morning was my first acupuncture session. I wasn't scared or anything. I had read a lot and knew exactly what to expect. Dr. Barry Song is a Korean practitioner using a very ancient method of acupuncture. He asked a lot of questions and I asked him if he thought he could help me. He said, "Oh, yes." I think he must have placed about 12 needles in my back and I really could not feel them, except for the last one, which just twinged a little. He said that was why he had placed that one last and it went to the nerve that is causing me all the problems. He put a heat lamp over my back then and that felt so good. The needles were left in place about 30 minutes. There is no pain with the needles. I didn't feel much different yesterday, but it is not uncommon not to feel better after the first treatment. In fact, from my reading, if you don't notice a lot of relief to begin with, it is a good sign that you will get much more relief later. I slept much better last night and I didn't have a lot of difficulty getting out of bed and walking this morning. I am still achey, but not as much as yesterday. So I am optimistic that I will get some relief. I go again tomorrow and Saturday.

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: