Friday, April 27, 2007

Looking for Land in all the Wrong Places!

We sure would like to be able to find a piece of ground in/around Charlottesville. We have been looking for 3 days, but haven't found anything. Realtors have given us leads, but nothing that will fit the bill.

The kids started getting their roof on yesterday. They had a tree fall on their house last week and damaged the overhang and decking, etc. It was bad timing, with the birth of Ronan imminent, but it definitely was a cloud with a silver lining. They needed a roof badly and the roof there was already two layers deep. The contractor who came and looked it over agreed with the adjuster that the only fix was a total new roof. The current roof has no vents either, so the new roof will have a ridge vent and a nice looking architectural shingle. They started yesterday but it rained all night, so they probably won't be doing much today. But they did get it covered good so they don't need to worry about water leaks.

We left the kids alone yesterday until Jocelyn called. Tom was really tired (heh, heh. . . could it be that new baby?) and wanted someone to take him to Sam's since he didn't have a card. So we went over and I held the baby to give Jocelyn a break and Tom and Terry went shopping. I found out he does not like wet or messiy diapers. . . he wants changed and he wants changed NOW! No matter, as Grandma is happpy to oblige. He is still just as cute as ever. They have to take him in this afternoon for a weigh in.

I have had a recurrence of the cellulitis in my leg. The doctor I saw in Florida only gave me meds for 7 days. I called my doctor in Indiana and he gave me an extension of the meds and then we have appointments in May, so he can check it then. It hasn't been real painful since I started treatment, but I do want to clear this infection up.

I am including a picture of the proud daddy with Ronan and one they took of Ronan. Seems they want to start his financial awareness early. Just look at the face on that baby!

Till next time. . .

Dale

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry & Dale,
So happy for you and Jocelyn & Tom, Ronan looks like a keeper! Mom & dad get back from Mississippi tomorrow, so I'll have them over to look at pics! MY BEST TO Jocelyn & Tom

Take care!
Love, Debi

Dale said...

Thanks, Debi. I'll email you some more pictures to show them.

Love, Dale

Unknown said...

I think Ronan is "smirking" with that $ in his hand! What a cute picture.
Grandma, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey, hey, that truly is one cute little guy! That's cause he comes from good genes!!! Will call you soon. Things have been crazy here, and I'm sure from the way it sounds crazy there too. Enjoy lovin on Ronan! I can't wait to get down there to see him later!
Love to you all,
Nita

Dale said...

Hey, Nita, Good to hear from you. I am anxious to see all of you when we get back up there next week. We leave here Friday and will take our mandatory three days to make the trip.

Dale Ann