In other news. . . oh, yeh, that's right. There isn't any . . . Well, let's just say the wheels of county government turn sssssssslllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooowwwllllllllllllyyyyyyy here in Hidalgo County. What a fiasco. We were told to "keep on 'em" when we applied for our permits over a week ago. It was supposed to be done the next day. I finally called a week+ later and was told to come in at 2 p.m. and pick up our permits. Hahahah. What a joke. So we went. After having to wait the required half hour, we get called into the office only to sit and watch the planner fill out all the paperwork. So I'm guessing this is how it works:
- Go to the office and fill out the paperwork.
- Your permit never gets acted on.
- Out of desperation, you call. . . .
- They check to see how long you have waited for your next day permit.
- If it's 10 or more days, you just MIGHT get called in and get to watch them fill out the info.
- THEN you have to wait for the inspection you thought was done 10 days before.
- By this time, the power company has called to tell you the reason they didn't come to install your meter was because you didn't have the STINKIN' permit.
Good news. Called the plumber. Said we didn't have our permit yet. . . He said. . . . I don't need no permit. Yayayayay!!!!! They start tomorrow.
Till next time. . .