Friday, November 23, 2007

Winter in the Valley

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. Wednesday we had 100 degrees here during the day, but when I let the dogs out later it was down to about 77, very comfortable. When we awoke on Thanksgiving Day, it was 55 outside. Now today it has not been much above 50 and has been misting all day.

We went to the hall for Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday with Mom and Dad. We had a beautiful dinner with really good turkey, ham, dressing and everything else you normally find. We came back to our warm motorhome afterwards and didn't really venture out the rest of the day.





Now today it is really a miserable day. . . 50 and getting colder and misting. Terry is sick. He has been sick for a couple days but much worse today. Fortunately I was able to run to Walgreen's to pick up some prescriptions, so I got him some other stuff and I think it is starting to work. He has slept in the recliner the last two nights so he doesn't cough so much. While I was out, I bought the ingredients for a fruitcake. . . I know, I know. . . who eats fruitcake. But if you ever tasted Terry's Uncle Bill's fruitcake, you wouldn't be laughing right now.

I did get out and walk by myself this morning, and this afternoon we both took naps. Ah, such is the life of a retired soul.
Till next time. . .

Dale

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys look great in this picture. Ole Terry cleans up real nice.
Ward