Saturday, July 27, 2024

Sea Day!

 

Today Sharon and I planned to join our friends for breakfast at the buffet at 9 a.m. We both slept well and when I awoke, I went to get my watch across the room (only plug-in). It was 8:34! Wow! I guess we slept well. LOL   I told Sharon we were late and we better get on the move. Shortly after that, Carol rapped on our balcony door (our balconies adjoining) and they had just awakened as well and were going to be late. Score! So after we all got ready, we walked down to the buffet breakfast. It was very good and we talked about what we were going to do. 


Sharon and I went to a “talk” about our ports of call coming up and the various excursions. At the very end, the speaker gave away two vouchers for $100 each. They used an IPad to shuffle the cabin numbers and they called OUR cabin number! Imagine my surprise . . . Then they called MY name! I was shocked! So when we left the theater, we went right to the proper desk and got the two $50 credits applied to our accounts. I shared it with Sharon!


We decided not to eat lunch because we were going to a “High Tea” at 3:00. We found a table in a lounge, ordered drinks and played Hand and Foot.  When it was time, we moved on to the Concerto Dining Room and were treated to finger sandwiches, pastries, desserts, and of course tea. We didn’t want to eat a lot because our dinner reservations were at 5:20. After tea, we retreated to our rooms for a little R&R. 


We have dinner reservations every night in the same dining room, same table and same waiters. They are getting to know us and we chat with them. It’s been a very good time. Tonight I had the halibut which is my favorite fish. I turned down dessert. It would have been good, but I was just too full. The food has been wonderful!


After dinner, we walked to the theater, where the cast was putting on a show titled, “Bravo!” A wonderful orchestra accompanied various singers as they sang and danced to many different show tunes. They had one opera singer who was exceptional, but they were all very talented. We are now back in our rooms and ready for bed. Tomorrow is a big day with our first excursion being “Cork, Ireland.” Sharon and I are on a four-hour tour to Blarney Castle (home of the famous Blarney Stone), then we will come back to the boat.


Till next time. . .


Dale

No comments: