Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We spent Christmas with Mom and Dad. We opened our presents early. I still get excited even though I knew most of what I was getting! Terry got me a Kindle, so I played with it and got it registered and downloaded some free books. He also got me a gift card, so I will be able to use that to get some books. I think I will really like it. I had gotten him a netbook and he already had it because we took it to Indiana when we flew back for the wedding.

I did put our tree up even though my decorations were just up for two days. I had two of my manger scenes out. I collect small manger scenes that I can easily fit and store in the motorhome. One such scene is a nightlight and it is very pretty. I got a new one this year which says "Peace" and it has a blue light that shines. I am including two pictures so you can see what it looks like. I like the manger scenes because they are a continual reminder of the "reason for the season."

We have been working at putting things away in Texas because we needed to get back up to Houston for some doctor appointments starting the 28th. We left this morning and drove straight up here to the RV Resort. We will be here for at least a month and probably longer. The weather here isn't as warm as in the valley, but it is still warm for winter, so we should be able to stay quite comfortable. If we get a break, we may run back down to the valley, but we shall see. I'm hoping some of our friends will stop as they pass through going one direction or another.

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: