Monday, August 12, 2024

Home and Covid

 August 12, 2024


Monday Monica followed me to Budget where I turned in my car, then she brought me home. I masked up as I was still sick and not getting better, but was too wiped out to go back into town to Urgent Care, so I waited till Tuesday to do that.


Urgent Care was not real busy and the first thing they did was a Covid and flu test. Twenty minutes later the doctor took me to a room and told me I had Covid, but no flu. I did have an ear and sinus infection which he said is often caused by the Covid. So he sent in some prescriptions and I was off. I stopped to get a few staples as I didn’t have much of anything fresh in the house. And then I got my Paxlovid and the antibiotics.


So for the next several days, I really just stayed in bed except for walking Brendon and concentrated on trying to get well. The Paxlovid works pretty fast, but makes me feel yucky. But after several days, I am back to normal. Still can’t hear well out of one ear, and will be watching that closely. Testing negative now for Covid.


So, the end of my trip was a nightmare. The delays in travel were horrible, but doubly so due to being sick. Two of the other girls had symptoms. . . . Cough, sneezing, etc.., but I’m the only one who ended up with Covid. A gift of the airports, I’m sure. I didn’t really get sick until we started our flights back home. But it’s all behind me now and I’m glad for that.


Till next time. . .


Dale


No comments: