Monday, May 15, 2006

RV. . . The Movie

Well, for two weeks we have had one of our kids with us and yesterday afternoon, Brandon left for the airport. Jocelyn had spent 10 days with us and we had a really good visit. Brandon came in Saturday, left to go to a friend's wedding, then returned to spend the night. Then yesterday morning we went to Muncie and he took me out to eat for Mother's Day. We went to my favoriate restaurant, Texas Roadhouse, for STEAK. Having had so much recent trouble with my teeth, I had given up eating most anything I had to chew. Now that my teeth are pretty much fixed, I greatly enjoyed the steak.

We returned to the motorhome and visited until around 4 p.m. at which time Brandon had to leave. He had a long evening ahead of him and didn't arrive home until 1:45 a.m. and had to go to work today, but he did make it safely.

After he left yesterday, things were too quiet and the rain just kept coming. Except for one brief respite, it continues even today. Everything is wet, so we spend all our time inside the coach.
I was getting a little weary of it and suggested to Terry that we take in the movie RV last night. We rarely go to the movies anymore and certainly not when we have to pay full price, but I wanted to do something that would be fun. So we trekked back to Muncie and took in the flick. It was funny. I know it's not getting good reviews, but RVers will find enough in it to laugh about to make it worthwhile. I do think if the producers had consulted actual RVers and fulltimers, they would have been able to produce an even better movie. I believe most in the audience were RVers because we found many things humorous the general public wouldn't understand.

This afternoon Bailey has his yearly exam, so we are here another day for that and then will start moving. Terry is in charge of destinations, but I think it will involve Tab and Deanna somehow. :-)

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: