Friday, March 09, 2012

Texas Room Day 30!

We started out at 7 a.m. this morning by returning some stuff to La Popular, the local Mexican lumber yard. The gal working the register told us to come then because she is there and she speaks English. So we took advantage of her advice and got our returns made in record time.

When John came, he started working on the water heater and got it installed and cooking water. I had hoped to take a bath tonight in the new tub, but with everything they did today, I have to clean before I can use the bath! Also today the bathroom vanity was installed. They still have a leak they are working on, but John will work on it tomorrow. My mirror is hung in the bath. We moved the washer/dryer into place but it won't get installed till next fall when we have our gas installed.

Also the light fixtures are all up and they look really nice. I went out tonight and bought some rugs for the bathroom. I really like the tile which has an orangey tint, very subtle. So I bought "burnt orange" rugs and towels and they really add some color to the room. I'm so tired of the greens and browns, so decided on something a little more bold.

I called about our kitchen cabinets, but it will be Monday or Tuesday before they get delivered. Hopefully John will be able to help set the upper cabinets. It would be nice to get the microwave installed yet this spring.

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: