Thursday, February 23, 2012

Texas Room, Day 18!

Today John worked at getting all the first coat of mud on the walls. He started with the closet, then moved on to the ceilings. Later he finished with the closet in which they had to first install the wall board.

While John was doing that, Terry and I left to go look at and order the tile and all the supplies that go with that--the thinset, the cement board and the grout. We also ordered screws and picked out the paint color we wanted. It's hard to make these choices and I usually don't take too much time picking them out. I could go crazy vacillating back and forth on colors, etc., so I find something I like and just go with it.

We also went to Home Depot. . . geesh, imagine that. We got a few small accessory items and the ceiling paint and the trim paint. We still have the wall paint to get, but I know what I want.

Once we got home, it was time for lunch and afterward we stayed inside. There wasn't much for us to do as John does all the drywalling, etc. We try to keep stuff picked up, but there wasn't much to do, so we got a good day of rest.

Tonight we went to the jam and enjoyed the music.

Till next time. . .

Dale

No comments: